Saturday, March 23, 2019

Northern Lights Hunt - Part 1

Arriving in Tromso was a calamity. There was fog in Amsterdam, so each flight was delayed and we missed the connection to Tromso. Added to that, I managed to crack the screen in my new laptop, which is en pointe for my character really.

It was sleeting and sleet means cloud so no aurora that night.

Good Morning, Arctic
The cabin here at Malangen Resort is set right on the sea and the waves lap the rocks under our terrace.  When I woke in the morning, I could see the mountains for the first time in the light.  White and lined with half-bare pine trees they are topped with cloud.

Tonight, we are heading to Camp Nikka, a base about 3km away, to hopefully catch the Northern Lights.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

7 Things to do in Madrid

People say that Madrid is a marmite town; you either love it or you hate it. Here are 7 ideas to help you make your opinion. 1. ...